Gerken is the official European distributor of pumps and mixer for metal in fusion of the American company MMEI (Molten Metal Equipment Innovation).
MMEI offer a complete line of engineered molten metal pumps
- Circulation Pumps
- Circulation Pumps with Gas Injection
- Transfer Pumps
Our pumps are intended for use with non-ferrous metals
- Aluminium, Zinc, Zinc Alloys, Tin, Lead etc.
Our pumps are available in different sizes depending on requirements
- Mighty Mite (smallest)
- Mini HF
- Workhorse HF
- MOLTAR (largest)
Users of our circulation pumps include:
- Secondary aluminum producers
- Die Casters
- Billet producers
- Rolling mills
- Anyone who is melting metal!
We also offer gas injection pumps designed for injecting gas into the metal.
- It provides all the benefits of a circulation pump PLUS gas injection!
- It is the method of choice for demagging (removing Magnesium from the metal) by injecting chlorine.
- The gas is injected directly into stream of metal – the flow is used to shear the gas and for improved mixing.
MMEI offers a wide variety of different transfer pumps to match the application:
- Traditional transfer pumps with refractory lined piping.
- Quick-submersion pumps for emptying vessels quickly.
- Launder transfer pumps for moving metal quiescently for accurate flow control and maximum metal quality.